Gig economy is probably the economy of hiring artists in accordance with fleeting personal contracts («self-employed» freelancers) through the centralized online marketplaces (a common example is Uber, AirBnb). Now there is a subversive upsurge of such a family of energy (different studies foreshadow the transition from 30 to 60% of the able-bodied population of the golden billion in the freelance scheme in the next 5-10 years).
In general, the structure and ideology of the two plans (BLUE WHALE and FUND REQUEST), as platforms for implementing gig-contracts, is similar:
- Both there and there the marketplace is organized — through integration with third services with the help of marketing widgets.
- Both there and there is a system for verifying the cases made by deliberately appointed verifiers.
- Both there and there it is told about the rating system.
- Both there and there is introduced the system of arbitration (the conclusion of ambiguous questions between the customer and the contractor).
The differences consist in the following:
- BLUE WHALE does not act as an escrow service (guarantor of the implementation of payment due to the work done). The payment between the employer and the executor arises outside the framework of the platform. In accordance with the «white paper», internal BWX tokens are used only for financial lubrication of the marketplace (including the organization of the referral system), retaliation of validators and mediators of disputes. Maybe the creators of the plan believed that when developing a smart contract for the execution of an order, the board somehow had to «freeze», but, I repeat, in «snow-white paper» probably is not described in any way.
- BLUE WHALE does not in any way disclose the specifics of the alleged smart contracts and the scheme of the marketplace operation and (declared yet) CRM components — is it likely that the implementation of a difficult contracting. Faster probably a defect (unprocessed) «snow-white paper.»
- In «white paper» BLUE WHALE, it is quite rightly recorded that one of the main gig-economy shortcomings is considered to be the unprotected nature of artists (there is a lack of opinion on leave, paid days of illness, pension accumulations, etc.) .This reason, by the way, is currently considered it is very important for various municipal regulations of such employment contracts (well, there are some difficulties for gig-firms at the moment). In this relationship, BLUE WHALE means the presence in the ecosystem of the so-called. Reward Bank and talks, as if with his support, these questions will become (in the future) dare. How concrete — does not open. That there is de facto probably only a designation of the present difficulty in the absence of an indication of the methods for solving it.
- In contrast to FUND REQUEST, BLUE WHALE announces the DAO mechanisms (democratic network management through voting machines). Given this, any details about the actual development of the blockchain do not open in any way.
In the form in which this plan is presented — he actually does not have any chances for his own implementation. Well, make conclusions and investment decisions yourself.